0808 2 818 717

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of our customers frequently asked questions
along with information to help you understand your claim.

Are we regulated?

Hallbrook is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities. Our registration CRM23253 is recorded here.

How long have we been trading?

Hallbrook is a trading a name of Hallbrook Partners Limited and has been trading since 2008. Company registration number 06726713.

What paperwork do I need for a claim?

You will need copies of contract notes, share certificates, terms of business, client statements, etc. If the firm is no longer trading it can be difficult to obtain paperwork. If you are unsure please call us on 0115 822 1850.

If you have dealt with City Equities, the administrator UHY Hacker Young will be able to provide the paperwork for a fee of £10.

Who pays the compensation?

If it’s a claim to the FSCS then the compensation is paid by levies on the Financial Services Industry. Don’t worry it doesn’t come from the tax payer.

If it’s a complaint to the firm or FOS then the firm will pay directly.

What are your fees?

We do not charge upfront fees. We only charge a success fee of 30% inc VAT if you receive compensation.

If you cancel your agreement after the 14 day cooling off period, you may be charged a cancellation fee. Please see the full terms & conditions.

How long does it take?

A claim to the FSCS general takes around 6 months but can be longer. A claim to the firm and subsequently the FOS can take much longer than this. Don’t worry though we’ll keep you updated at key stages a long the way.

What’s you success record?

Since 2010 Hallbrook has recovered compensation in excess of £50 Million.

What's the maximum compensation?

The FSCS limits compensation to £50,000 for claims against firms declared in default after the 1st January 2010. Prior to this it is £48,000.

The FOS can rule up to £150,000 but further losses can be pursued through the courts.

Who receives the compensation?

If a claim with the FSCS is successful then generally Hallbrook will receive a cheque within 10 days of the decision letter. That compensation is banked in a segregated client account, our fee is deducted and the client is sent the balance within 5 days.

What happens to my shares?

Quite simply, you still own the shares.

The FSCS will value your shares at the date the stockbroker was declared in default. If the shares held a value at that date it will be deducted from the price you paid for them.

What is Principal Trading?

This is a practice where brokers advise investors to buy shares their firm already owns.

Request a FREE Call back
Complete the form below and one of our expert advisors will call you back.

Subscribe To Hallbrook
Recieve up to date information about claims, investments and offers with our FREE quarterly e-newsletter.

The Parlimentary Review

Hallbrook feature in the 2017 edition of The Parlimentary Review which is available to view here.